December 15, 2020
What Can I Store in an Iowa Storage Unit?
Sioux City’s storage unit owner breaks down tips on what you should and should not store in a storage unit. Call now for a FREE quote!
If you’ve ever asked yourself, “What can I store in a storage unit
,” Elite Self Storage has the answers you seek. We’re a top choice for affordable short- and long-term storage near Sioux City, IA, offering clean, safe, state-of-the-art self-storage units designed to hold a variety of items.
Picking the Right Size for a Storage Unit in IA
Our friendly, experienced team will help you decide on the storage unit size that best fits your needs. The types of units we offer include:
- Standard units
- Conventional units
- Storage lockers
- Storage units
- Storage rooms
- Storage spaces
- Warehouse style units
- Mini warehouse-style units
- Vehicle storage spaces (for boats, trailers, etc.)
- Car storage spaces
- RV parking spaces
Factors to Consider for Storage in IA
When you choose Elite Self Storage as your IA storage facility
, you’ll have terrific peace of mind knowing that your possessions are well protected against cold, heat, humidity, and other variables that can cause damage over time. Utilizing one of our climate-controlled storage units ensures superior protection against:
Several different levels of climate control are available, including:
- Cracking, splitting, and warping
- Yellowing, corrosion, and rust
- Mildew, mold, and other bacteria
- Bugs, rats, and other pest infestations
- Air-conditioned units
- Heated units
- Non-air-conditioned units
- Cooled units
Accessibility to Our IA Storage Center
Few storage centers in IA are as accessible or customer-centric as Elite Self Storage. We offer a broad range of accessibility-focused benefits, including:
- Dolly & flatbed carts available for free on-site use
- Kiosk for 24/7 rental/move-in
- Manager available after hours by phone and on-site
- All storage units ground level – no stairs/elevators
- Ground storage units have drive-up access
- Wide avenues for large truck/trailer access
- Office open 7 days per week
- 24/7 gate access and unit access
- Electronic gate access with code
- Electronic building access with code
- Easy access from highway/major road
- Easy access from the intersection with signal light
- Roll-up doors
Tips for Storing Things in an IA Storage Unit
Clean Your Belongings Before Storing
Clean all of your belongings before bringing them into storage. Furniture, clothing, and kitchen items that don’t see frequent use can bring in bugs, mold, and other foreign substances into a storage unit. A good deep cleaning before you begin storing goes a long way.
Gather Your Packing Materials and Use Uniform Box Sizes
Ensure that your packing goes smoothly by gathering the right packing supplies. Cushioning materials such as bubble wrap and newspaper are crucial, especially for fragile items. Other recommended supplies include packing tape, packing peanuts, and boxes.
During the move-in process, you’ll want to do everything you can to keep your items in great condition while maximizing space in your unit. Ensure that “priority” items are in the most easily-accessed boxes. Fill the storage unit starting from the walls and then moving inwards and leave at least one access path.
What Not to Put in a Storage Unit
- Compressed gas
- Propane tanks
- Lamp and motor oil
Store with Elite Self-Storage Today
For safe, clean, state-of-the-art short- and long-term storage near Sioux City
, choose Elite Self-Storage. Conveniently located near Highway 75 North, our friendly, professional team looks forward to meeting and exceeding your self-storage needs. Contact us today and let’s talk about what we can do for you.