September 1, 2023
The Benefits of Long-Term Storage in Iowa: When and Why to Consider It
Secure long -term storage in Sioux City with 24-hour access is just a click away. Book your self storage unit today with Elite Self Storage.
Long-term storage in Sioux City is a solution to many problems, but it’s not suitable for every situation. Discover the benefits and drawbacks of long-term storage to determine whether it’s the right choice for you.
Find a long term storage unit in Sioux City
What Is Long-Term Storage?
Generally speaking, short-term self storage is when you expect to need a storage unit for 3 months or less. If you plan to keep your items in storage for at least several months, it’s considered long-term storage.
Benefits of Long-Term Storage
If you don’t have enough space for all your items, you have a few options. You can get rid of them, attempt to fit them into your current space, or try to find a friend who can help. If none of those options are viable or appealing, long-term storage
offers many benefits:
Even if you think you know exactly what you’ll store and for how long, things change. Long-term storage operates on a month to month agreement, so you can extend your storage rental or end it early. You’ll also be able to change the size of your storage unit
if you find that you need more or less space than you originally thought.
If your things are important enough to hold onto, you don’t want them stolen. Long-term self storage offers secure access
to both the facility and the units. Locks and surveillance cameras ensure that only you or someone you give permission to can access your items.
It’s important that both you and your items are safe at a self storage facility. Long-term storage in Sioux City is clean and protects your items from bugs, rodents, and the elements. Climate controlled storage units are available for sensitive and valuable items
Renting a long term storage unit is cost-effective. You pay only for the space you need and can upgrade or downsize as needed. No deposits or long-term investment is needed.
The best thing about long-term storage in Sioux City is that it’s convenient. You can book and pay online, use no-contact check in kiosks, and access your unit 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Packing supplies
can be purchased right onsite.
Disadvantages Of Long Term Storage
As with anything, there are some risks associated with storing your items away from where you are staying. If you choose a clean and secure self storage facility, these risks are very low, but may include:
- Risk of damage from rodents or the elements
- Potential for theft if facility or unit is not secure enough
- Accumulation of dust and dirt from being stored without being used
When You Need Long Term Vs Short Term Storage
The type of storage you need will depend on what you are storing and why.
Short-term storage is great when you have a definitive plan for your items that will happen in less than 3 months. Examples are staging a home and planning a move, storing excess items during a renovation or remodeling project,and storing items you are selling. or keeping your things safe while you travel.
If you aren’t sure when you will have space for your things or you know that you’ll need to store items for more than 3 months, long-term storage is a better solution. This includes a temporary move without an end date, storing off-season equipment, and vehicle and RV storage.
Types Of Units For Long Term Storage Items
There are several types of long-term storage available in Sioux City
- Traditional self storage is similar to a secure garage, safe and accessible but without climate controls.
- Drive up self storage: Accessible by vehicles for conveniently loading and unloading heavy, large, or bulky items.
- Climate-controlled storage: Similar to storing things in your, temperatures are generally kept between 55 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit and often includes humidity control
- Outdoor storage: A good solution for storing cars, RVs, motorcycles, boats, and any items you’d typical store outside
Additional Considerations For Long Term Storage
Once you’ve decided that long-term storage is right for you, it’s time to pick the right facility and unit. Make sure to look for the following features when booking a long term self storage unit in Sioux City:
- Convenient location to your home, business, or future residence
- Clean, well-lit security, inside and out
- 24/7 access to your storage unit
- Competitive rates with plenty of options
- Secure access to both facility and individual units
- Climate controlled storage options for sensitive items
- Affordable rates with price matching
- Positive online reviews and a great local reputation
- Online portal for no-contact booking and bill pay at your convenience
Find A Long Term Storage Unit In Sioux City
If you need long-term storage in Sioux City, look no further than Elite Self Storage. Clean, secure, convenient and easily accessible from surrounding cities, we match competitor rates and make it easy to book a unit or pay your bill online. Contact us today
to get started.